. Instagram is by far the easiest platform to get organic growth, and organic growth is almost more important than paid growth because organic growth is where you’re going to get your real loyal customers from.
. The simple answer to the question of organic growth on Instagram is simple, its engagement. To get organic growth, a.k.a. non-paid engagement, on your Instagram you must engage with people and post engaging content.
. This is a lot of hard work and takes a lot of time, and a lot of people don’t want to take the time to do it so they rely heavily on paid reach and Engagement. Although paid reach is amazing, you want to get some organic reach before you start running ads, it will help with social proof once that paid reach gets to your page.
. So below I will outline the step-by-step guide to what you should be doing when you’re on Instagram to gain organic reach.
1. Post – Your going to want to post at least once a day, for certain profiles that I manage I post three times a day. Your going to need to make sure that the content you’re posting is visually interesting, mentally interesting, and everything overall interesting, nobody’s going to engage with something that isn’t cool looking or is a boring subject. Next you’re going to want to use hashtags that directly relate to the subject matter in your post, you can only use 30 so choose wisely. Another popular way to get people to engage with your post is to ask them a question in the caption of your photo. After you have been posting for a few weeks make sure you check your analytics and see when the best time to post is on each day.
2. Wine and Dine the Top Nine – next you’re going to search all the hashtags that you have been using in your recent posts and select the top nine photos for each hashtag, go into each profile, like multiple pictures of theirs, leave them comments on how much you like their wall, then follow them, then direct message them with either a deal or brief introduction.
3. All the Rest – Your going to do what you did in step 2, but with all the rest of the photos for the tags you have been using, so first do the top 9, then move on to the rest.
4. The Power of the DM – The power of the DM on Instagram is ridiculous, don’t be afraid to use it, whether is just a brief hello and introduction or offering a deal or what ever it may be, a good rule to stick by is that you need to be offering them more value than what your getting in return, otherwise people won’t take the time to do what you want them to do.
5. Feed the Likes – After you start to get followers on Instagram make sure you keep those followers, every time see a photo pop up on your feed make sure you like it or leave a comment, not only does that keep your brand fresh in your followers minds, it also makes sure that they don’t delete you for being a ghost follower.